flicdisc is proud to announce a new PDGA sanctioned league will be run for Skulls Disc Golf Brotherhood beginning 9:00am Sunday February 12th at Wheeler Park in Geneva, IL.
Skulls Disc Golf Brotherhood welcomes you to the God Are Happy League. This is a sanctioned PDGA League. All Brothers who chose to participate will attend our regular Sunday morning “mass”, and keep official scoring of each round played. These scores will be submitted to the PDGA to be rated and displayed on pdga.com.
Six events over ten consecutive weeks, and culminating in the Championship Round, the top three (3) winners will receive cash awards. Additionally, ALL players will receive “club items” such as, tags, minis, shirts, a disc or other items (to be decided by the group).
An awards ceremony and gathering will be held following the Championship Round. Location TBD.
- Wheeler February 12th
- Jericho February 26th
- Knock Knolls March 5th
- Oswego March 19th
- KLM March 26th
- Batavia (Championship Round) April 9th
Cost – Due by Sunday October 2nd
- $5.83 per Sunday ($35 collected upfront)
- $0.75 will go to pay for the PDGA fee ($0.50) and scorecard printing ($0.25)
- $1.58 will go towards Cash Pool paid-out to winners
- $3.50 will go towards 2017 Club Tags and Minis (excess funds to be reserved for future use)
- A proper accounting of all dues collected and fees paid will be available on the Skulls facebook page
- Skulls “club items” will be distributed at the start of the league
- Cash Prizes
- 1st 47% of Cash Pool
- 2nd 30% of Cash Pool
- 3rd 23% of Cash Pool
- All players will receive “club items”
- CTPs will be announced on each Sunday
- PDGA Rules and Tournament Procedures apply
- The location and start time of each Sunday will be posted to the Skulls facebook page and distributed to Brothers as a facebook Event
- In the event that weather or other factors cause a scheduling change, make-up dateswill be used to complete all six Sundays
- Players must check-in by 8:55am
- Groups will be assigned immediately following check-in and may follow different procedures each Sunday
League Scoring Formula – Highest Player Points Wins
- Player Points = (Sum Of Player League Round Ratings Less Skulls Player Rating For Each The First 5 Sundays Excluding The Two Worst Sundays) + (Championship Round Rating Less Skulls Player Rating)
- Players who miss the Championship Round will receive -100 point penality.
- Players will receive a -100 point penalty for each round missed in the first five rounds, excluding the first two missed rounds.
- Skulls Player Ratins are the average of all past league rated rounds within the last 12 months.
- PDGA ratings will be substituted for players who don't have a Skulls Player Rating.
- Players who don't have either a Skulls or PDGA rating will establish a Skulls Rating upon completion of the first sanctioned league round.
- Both Skulls and PDGA Ratings updates will effect the points formula on a go-forward basis.